Saturday, November 21, 2009

had an unexpectedly long and uneasy trip to InE class on thursday.

the day started off with an erratic weather, who knows the sky turned dark and tada it rained while i was on my way to school. the moment i alighted the bus i was wet and soon after the experience of walking from the bus stop to blk 5 thru the blk 72/ underpass route was extremely challenging what the shit. Together with the fact that i wore my prone-to-fall-on-wet-surfaces flip flops on that day, the challenge was even greater! so yes i came acrosss many flood areas. First of all, was the np bridge z bra crossing to np bus stop toilet route. water level was till ankle there. Having no choice, i crossed the flood as there was no other way i could possibly enter to the school. second, was the bus stop toilet to bustop route. No one would have thought of going passed that way as flood was rushing down the stairs like nobody business. thus most students took the blk 72 route to go to atrium. the start of the journey was to walk under the 'temporary as well as poorly built' shelter (which was made of just metal?). i became more wet as there was this gap at the end of the shelter. reached underpassed and there was even more floood. water level was up to my ankle similarly to the z bra Xsing one except that this time the water was clear and not muddy. At this point of time my whole leg was already drenched omg cos the water was flipped upwards to my legs as i walked/as my legs swam. legs swam and finally reached blk 56!!!! then sudd, i felt so tensed. THEN I KNOW I WAS ON A SMOOTH SURFACE!!!! i tried walking damn slowly and carefully but after many times of slipping without falling but hello i'm still slipping except that i was being careful not to fall, i finally gave up and took off my damn slippers so that i can walk peacefully without having the fear of falling and omg in front of so many people. subsequently i reached the traffic light and damn shit, muddy flood was flowing so fast like tsunami and i was stunned for 20 seconds to decide whether to cross the road or not. i scanned around to see if there were any souls who were brave enough to cross and i spotted one guy who took off his slippers to cross the road. then i thought to myself oh well, since someone being barefooted has crossed successfully , why should i not cross. hahah as i crossed, this girl who happened to cross approx the same time as me, had one of the pair of slippers that she was wearing, got washed away. she gave a sudd shriek which made me turned to her direction and witnessed her slippers got flown through the bottom of a car. I gave a slight giggle cos the scene was pretty comical with the slippers swimming in peach coloured aka muddy water. the barefooted me reached atrium and continued being barefooted while i climbed up the stairs to Np's orchard road. gosh, many people were staring at my barefootness. then leanne and rais spotted me (ah cut the explanation of the situation part) and i bought their gummies for their ine fund raising! after we blah blah finished, i continued my unfinished trip to blk 5. last obstacle - Op shop towards canteen 2 had this mini stairs thing right, yeah and the connection of the shelters was damn lousy. another encounter of heavy pours slipping in gaps and this resulted in me being more drenched. close to being a wet duck la ah. wa lao, so i headed up to class and finally put on my flip flops and entered the class being all soaky. End of story! weather was crazy. seriously.

oh np marketplace got a new waterfall !!!!

2 comments:

amy said...

AWWWW THATS REALLY A DAMN BAD DAY FOR YOU:(

Vivyan Vong Vai Vun said...

YEAH LAAAA BUT QUITE ADVENTUROUS!!!! :D